Friday, March 4, 2011

Done!

I'm officially letting the world know that I'm done with being pregnant and ready for this baby to come!!!

38 weeks

I am in no way proud of this picture but it's one of those things I felt obliged to have done before this baby comes.  I remember when I was expecting my first I excitedly took a picture of my growing belly every month.  I think this is the first official "bump picture" that I've taken this time!

I think in true baby#4 fashion our focus has been on a million things other than actual baby prep (like all those great house projects).  I finally got around to setting up baby equipment and tried to remember what to pack in a hospital bag this past week.  Wrote instructions for Grandmas.  Made arrangements with schools.  And generally did all the prep work that I normally would have done 3 or 4 weeks ago.

The one area that we have completely failed at is being prepared with a name for this little lady!  We've always had our kids pretty much named by 20 weeks into the pregnancy.  Not this time.  We've spent more time pouring over books and websites and negotiating favorites than ever before.  And we don't feel like we're too much closer than we were 9 months ago.  Hopefully something magical happens and this baby comes with a name stamped on her forehead to help her slacker parents out a little!

Now to enter the days of OCD when there's no real goals or to do lists but the house always has to be clean...the laundry caught up...every dish done...just in case!

Until there's news...I'm over and out...

7 comments:

melbel said...

You look amazing! You are accomplishing amazing things! (I'm so impressed with your organization and baby prep like the freezer meals). Your kids are amazing!

We did the same thing with this baby's name. We actually had it finally narrowed down to 4 names in the hospital, and by day #2, we decided she wasn't any of those! So we started from scratch and finally came up with Amberlyn. Its so perfect and fitting now!

Can't wait for your next post because that means you're getting to know your new little lady.

Aim Aug said...

So excited for you! You look beautiful! Can you send some of your OCD and nesting my way? I need the motivation!

Rachel Free said...

Yay JaNae! I can't wait to hear your little bundle of joy is here! =D

Krista said...

Oh I can't wait for you to be done!! You look so good...can't wait to see pics of this cute new little Messick! Hang in there.

Krista said...

Oh ya...and Iam so impressed with your organizaiton skills...and all those labels! I should not have expected any less from the oh-so-organized JaNae! I need to take some serious pointers from you. Your attic looked amazing...so organized. And! I was dying over those freezer meals. That will be the best once baby sister is here. I am so excited and happy for you guys!

Kayelynn said...

You look beautiful! I love your baby bump! I didn't realize you were so close!!! So exciting!Travis and I are so impressed by your attic storage project. He has been wanting to do something like that for our house. I want to stock up on make-ahead meals. I know that would help me to feel more on top of things around here. Let me know if you like those new recipies. It will be fun to hear all about your new baby!

Miss Beevers said...

You look AMAZING, JaNae. This baby, along with Hayley, Maya and Alice, will be blessed to have you as her mother. I hope all goes well! xx