Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alice: Fall 2008

September 28, 2008: 7 1/2 months


Just gotta love Alice's open mouth whenever you point a camera at her! I love her big open smile and it's in almost every picture. She also gives the best slobbery kisses with that cute open mouth!
Alice hasn't been in a big hurry to crawl...and we're okay with that. She scoots around sitting on her bottom and gets mad that she's stuck on her tummy sometimes...but there's always a sister that will bring the toys to her!


Alice has an easy-going, sweet disposition. She rarely cries (unless a certain 2 year old sister is "loving" her a little too much!) and has the most contagious smile. We just love this little girl and feel so blessed to have her in our family!

October 1st, 2008: 8 months


Alice seems to move from one developmental stage to the next in one sudden leap. She might start doing that cool new thing slightly later than her peers but when she decides she's ready--she goes for it. Eating for example. One day she gagged on baby food if it had any small lump in it. I had to puree everything completely. The next day she was ready to dine and started eating almost everything we were eating. Cheerios, bread, lasagna, rice, beans, etc!


The picture above was my little oranged faced lunch lady--one day this past month when I couldn't think of what to give her for lunch I opened a lone can of macaroni and beef to try it out. Now I remember why I don't give this to finger feeders. Her eyebrows were orange for the whole day! But she sure thought it was good.


October 4th, 2008: 8 months old


October 6th, 2008

Alice started crawling today--not just the bum-scoot thing! She's all of the sudden keeping me on my toes. She can get from one room to the next so fast...I need to child-proof all over again. Today I left her in the front room then suddenly turned around to find her splashing in my mop bucket in the kitchen...how did that happen?!? She's so excited about her new-found independence!
Aunt Tammy captured it on video for us...

4 comments:

Krista said...

What a big girl! She's adorable!

Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love her mouth! xxx

Tammy said...

She is such a doll!

Joyce said...

I am so glad you shared all the adorable pictures and video. I love to see how she is growing up and on the move.