I helped throw a shower for my sister Nancy in Utah this past week. It was suppose to happen several weeks ago but Nancy surprised us all and had Abigail almost 4 weeks early. Check out her blog for the full details...it's pretty funny.
Anyways, the baby shower was postponed and has finally happened so now I can post the details of the fun favor Nancy helped me make while she was visiting in April. It was so easy to make and even better, it was very inexpensive. So girls...if you're throwing a baby shower anytime soon listen up...you too could be in bootie heaven!
Hot glue gun
2 nut cups (I found them at Michaels)
3 cotton balls
Cute ribbon (about 2")
3. Tuck all the edges and corners of the kleenex into the nut cup.
4. Place the second nut cup inside the first to hold the kleenex in.
6. Glue a piece of cute ribbon to the top of the bootie.
7. Glue the button on top of the ribbon.
10. Fill the cup part with nuts, mints, M&Ms, gummie bears or whatever else you can think of.
We had so many booties that I kept some and used them when we blessed Alice. They were sitting around the house and between church and dinner being ready they acted as nice appetizer holders.