Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Confessions of a reluctant blogger....


I'm a reluctant blogger.....

I remember when I was up to date on all the latest technology (there wasn't that much...like I remember getting an email address and explaining to my mom how easy it was to email me instead of call or I thought I was so cool for having a cell phone for work before most of my friends had one!) Over the past 2 years a few friends have started blogging and I've had fun reading their posts. Then in the last 6 months it seems that everyone I know has started blogs.

So, if you know me, you are in shock that I'm finally joining the millions that are blogging. I was so determined not to! Thanks for your patience.

This was my demise:
  • A couple weeks ago I told Ryan "I know I'm going to have to start blogging someday," (since that's how his family communicates now and I'm the last one to join in!) "but I really hope I can hold out for another year because I just don't have time right now!"
  • As soon as I admitted that I might one day be a blogger (even reluctantly) I started thinking about blogs all the time. One of the kids would do something funny and I'd think, "that would make a good post." We'd take some cute pictures and I'd think, "someday I'll just be able to put those on my blog."
  • I spent conference weekend thinking up names for a blog (At this point I knew I wasn't going to last a year!)
  • I started bothering friends that blog for information on how they make their websites cute and original (heaven forbid I make this easy and use a template page!) and have learned all sorts of stuff about Html codes and making slideshows, etc.
  • I started a blog!

..........and I have to admit that so far, it's been fun!

No comments: