Friday, May 16, 2008

Letters to My Missionary

My little (but taller -than-me) brother, Paul is serving a mission for our church in Ireland.




As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Paul devotes 2 years of his life to serving people in the area he is assigned (Dublin, Ireland) and teaching those that are interested about the gospel of Jesus Christ. During that time we communicate with him mostly by letters. He has a short amount of time once a week when he has access to email to send us brief updates. He also gets to call home on Mother's Day and Christmas Day.


We miss Paul but are so proud of him for dedicating 2 years to helping others to "Come unto Chirst."


Paul has been on his mission for almost 1 year. I haven't been the best of letter-writers and always have that nagging guilt that I should write Paul a letter. I just solved the problem! Paul has received 2 letters with fun stories and cute pictures in the past 2 weeks and it hasn't taken more than a couple minutes out of my time--so I hope that he is excited about the solution too!


The best part is you can join in the fun (if you know Paul or have a missionary of your own.)


Print your blogs! It's that easy...just go to file---print---ok and wahlah! A letter! I print them double sided on a black and white printer and have a whole bunch of envelopes addressed and ready to go. I'm sure they'd look better in color but I'm sure Paul isn't complaining. I love that he'll know more about what's going on in our lives and some of his crazy sister's thoughts.


And since he'll be reading this blog too...Here's a big HaLoooooooooo to you Paul!

1 comment:

Kayelynn said...

This is great! You're brillant, JaNae! Blue Haloo to you too, Paul!